Tuesday, April 21, 2009

learn more about moi

i've been tagged by the amazing CC at http://www.couturecarrie.blogspot.com/
if you ever wanted to know more about me, here is a survey that answers some questions.


What are your current obsessions?
Big bags, wayfarer like sunglasses, summer, frayed/distressed jean shorts, high heels, ankle boots.


What is your weirdest obsession?
washing my hands as much as possible, and my breath and body odor. i'm constantly paranoid that i don't smell good and since i sweat a lot (i guess it's just in my genes) i'm always worried about sweat stains on my clothes and such.


What are you wearing today?
a purple/fuschia knitted hat with a brim, a dark grey cowlneck knit top, an olive green blazer, dark wash skinny jeans and pink converse with gold heart stud earrings.


Why is today special?
because you can get a small iced coffee from dunkin donuts for 50 cents! yum. i just finished one and i have a caffeine rush.


What would you like to learn to do?
i played the cello in high school but had to stop after i graduated because buying a cello would cost a lot of money, as would continuing my lessons. i want to continue to learn to play the cello so i can be a master cellist. i'd also like to learn to swim decently. i can only propel myself underwater, but not overwater. i'd also like to learn to sew. there is so much that i'd love to learn!


What's for dinner today?
i don't know...whatever my mom makes♥!


What's the last thing you bought?
these beautiful gladiators from gojane.com.


What are you listening to right now?
the TV and my two crazy little sisters babble nonsensically.


What is your most challenging goal right now?
getting through this semester, managing this blog and getting some attention through it (i want more people to know about what interests me in fashion and find out if it interests them too), and being the best person i can be and strengthening my spirtuality and faith in God.


What do you think about the person who tagged you?
Carrie of http://www.couturecarrie.blogspot.com/ is such an amazing person. she has a really bright personality and thinks up the best titles for her blog entries. she is one of the nicest bloggers i've had the pleasure of erm...typing to on the world wide web!


If you could have a house, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
i would love to live somewhere where it is warm all of the time...but i think i would choose a home in Paris. i love this interior that belongs to cordelia de castellane.

picture from pointclickhome.com


What would you like to get rid of?
my brother...
hahaha, i don't really mean it, but sometimes he's so horrible that i feel like he would dissappear!


What would you like to acquire?
hmm...i don't know...maybe a treasure chest of amazing jewelry (not costume! i can get that on my own)


If you could go anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go?
somewhere tropical and beautiful! i'm from the carribbean and wish i could visit. i'd love to go to fiji i think. it sounds like a fun place.




Which language(s) do you want to learn?
i took japanese for four years in high school...and no, i don't know how to speak it. such a shame right?
i'd love to know how to speak all the languages in the world. i think the most practical to know are english (which i already know), spanish and french. so i guess i would learn spanish and french.


Who do you want to meet in person?
ROBERT PATTINSON!♥♥♥♥not only do i think he is amazingly handsome, i also think he is very intelligent and witty and has a great sense of humor. i could be wrong, but the only way to know that is to meet him!



i would also love to meet carine roitfeld, ashley olsen and selita ebanks.


What's your favorite part about the town/city you live in?
i absolutely love downtown chicago. it's amazing! i really should go down there more often. it has a mixture of high designer stores and high street stores, and lots of great museums and also i love millenium park and lake michigan.


What are your favorite pieces of clothing in your own closet?
my blazers, my grey ruched and floral appliqued dress that i wore to my high school senior luncheon and my new shoes that i haven't worn yet (grey python heels and gold gladiators).


What is your dream job?
as a top stylist (celebrity and otherwise), or the editor-in-chief or fashion director of top fashion magazines like Vogue Paris or US Vogue.


If you had $500 now, what (who) would you spend it on?
my mommy. i'd buy her anything she wanted. she deserves so much.


Fashion pet peeve?
when people latch onto trends so quickly. it's annoying...they were surviving before the trends, so why do they latch onto them so quickly? i like to examine trends and see if it can fit into my style before i go crazy and buy a bunch of new stuff. and first of all, i don't even have the money to buy like that all of the time.


Do you admire anyone's style?
i love ashley olsen's style, my mom's style, michelle obama's style, carine roitfeld's style, and all the people that i've put on my best dressed celebs right now list's style.


Whose fashion show(s) would you want tickets to?
i'd love if i could get invited to everyone--but tickets that i would HAVE to have are tickets to marc jacobs, louis vuitton, balmain, marchesa, chanel, yves saint laurent, dries van noten, thakoon, jason wu, diane von furstenburg and christian dior.


all pictures from googleimages unless stated otherwise.


i hope you enjoyed learning more about me! i tag anyone who wants to do this, i'd love to learn more about all of you and my fellow fashion bloggers! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh this is so great, I don't know where to begin or what to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wash my hands more times in one day than most do in a week... lol! :) thanks for the comment, lovey. xo!!

    ReplyDelete


carine roitfeld
michelle obama
selita ebanks
kerry washington
annalynne mccord
thandie newton
evan rachel wood
emanuelle alt
dree hemingway

About Me

My photo
I am an immigrant. I was born in the caribbean and wish i was there rather than having to deal with the sporadic weather of chicago. I love fashion. My family is crazy, and blogging is a hobby that keeps me sane. I also strongly believe that it doesn't take money to look good, it just takes innate style.

Tags


thanks couturecarrie!<3