Saturday, April 25, 2009

scintillating sunnies

sunglasses are amazing.
1. they are a celebrity must. sunglasses protect celeb's eyes from being blinded by thousands of paparazzi bulbs flashing.
2. if you had a bad night or you're having a bad morning, sunglasses can cover up your bloodshot eyes/dark under-eye circles.
3. they make you look posh and important, or totally cool and untouchable if you get the right pair for your face shape.
4. they can make things sepia, purple, or rose toned because most of them have amazing tinted lenses.


here are a few shades that i've loving right now.
♥ me


sun


my favorite pairs here are...well...actually...i like all of them. the proenza schouler oversized square sunglasses in white are so beautiful. i love the shape, the size, and the color. look how posh and awesome that model looks! and all it took were some proenza schouler sunglasses....sigh.


the oliver peoples chelsea sunglasses from shopbop.com are equally impressive. i love the size, the gradiated lenses, and the beautiful thin tortoiseshell frames. i love tortoiseshell, and i think these tortoiseshell frames were smoothed beautifully.


i love forever 21's fake wayfarers because they come in navy or brown, slightly unexpected shades from the usual black, and those sunglasses ads are so chic. why? in the prada ad an unusual sunglasses shape is featured, and in the chanel ad tasteful embellishment on the sunnies are used. look for shades with special touches to make you stand out from the crowd.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, especially the Proenza Schouler sunnies!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the Prada Butterfly Sunglasses sooo badly and I *almost* bought them, but the sales people were less than amazing (and ironically enough, I was in the Chicago Prada shop!)

    ReplyDelete


carine roitfeld
michelle obama
selita ebanks
kerry washington
annalynne mccord
thandie newton
evan rachel wood
emanuelle alt
dree hemingway

About Me

My photo
I am an immigrant. I was born in the caribbean and wish i was there rather than having to deal with the sporadic weather of chicago. I love fashion. My family is crazy, and blogging is a hobby that keeps me sane. I also strongly believe that it doesn't take money to look good, it just takes innate style.

Tags


thanks couturecarrie!<3